Monday, December 20, 2010

Freedom of Movement

Last week I bumped into an old friend in UM. We used to study at the Military College. Funny, neither one of us recognize each other. I learn to respect sincerely because now I realized that he is my old friend. What if I didn't respect him.

Earlier on I learned that UM should not be made like a military camp. I strongly agreed with him. After all I can't enforce everybody to hang the ID card if we have so many visitors and public transports in the campus. And I learned the university is a public place but under the law, it is also a private place.

After business hours, a shopping complex become a private place. Certain areas are accessed to staff only. See! UM is also a public area and after certain time it become private. That is why, security job is not what it seem.

Last week also I came across another case of a person who fall in love but could not control himself. Few years ago I have to protect a girl when her boyfriend went berserk. Unfortunately I didn't make notes of the do's and the don'ts during that time. The only thing I remember is that, when the girl is so scared, we must sincerely help her, and never make any assumption.

Security sure is a very complex being.