Thursday, December 25, 2008

ONE MINUTE MANAGER MEETS THE MONKEY

I asked from my brother any reading materials in his car while he is out meeting somebody. He gave me the book written by Kenneth Blanchard et al. the title....ONE MINUTE MANAGER...

His issue....MONKEY [my opinion].

I enjoy reading this book because like what he has written, is a real issue all managers [or majority of managers] is facing...monkey.

But I have problem overcoming this monkey problem at my work place....there are only 2 subordinates and both of them are the biggest monkey themselves. I cant even train them. I cant ask them to do anything because nothing get done on time, or done nicely. Eventually I have to do everthing except for the typing work.

If this is my own company, both of them has already been gone long time ago. I need to earn the living and I have no choice. Come next year, Malaysia and the rest of the earth will be facing recession.

Maybe I am the monkey myself