Saturday, January 5, 2008

PURPOSE OF PRAYER

Muslim prays 5 times a day. It is mentioned somewhere that the difference between Muslim and non-Muslim is the prayer. If I dont pray 5 times day, then I am not, in a true sense, a Muslim. This is my understanding.

But why do Muslim have to pray 5 times a day?

This morning I saw a man jogging. Then I asked my friend why in this city, I see many Chinese jogging and very few Malay and Indian jogging?

The answer is very simple [ I may be wrong ], because, people know why they have to pray 5 times a day, and/or why they have to jog. If they dont know why, then they cant do those things sincerely. And if they know, then they are just plain stupid, thick headed or they have problems with attitude.

In the practical management approach, we have to tell our subordinates why we do those things so that they know.